Forums / Works in Progress / Macchi C.202 Serie VIII (BoS) - Axis and Allies Paintworks
Forums
Axis and Allies Paintworks :: Forums :: The Workshop :: Works in Progress
Macchi C.202 Serie VIII (BoS) << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Tailhook, Duggy, Buhli, cheruskerarmin, Cpt_Farrel, Graf, HEERDT, Jarink, Juri_JS, mapal, RAF_Loke, Rudi_Jaeger, US_Grant, HBPencil, monguse, Gumpy, Jaypack44, kristorf, Boelcke, PatCartier, Hayate
Author Post
HBPencil
Fri Feb 12 2016, 03:13PM

Registered Member #45

Your changes to the 'poached egg' pattern look great! I tried to see if I could spot a repetition of the splotches but I couldn't, so I'm wondering if you painted each splotch individually?
I realize that these are w.i.p so I'm probably pointing out stuff you already know, but just in case you haven't I did notice two little things: 1) the position/alignment of the splotches where the tail surfaces meet the fuselage; and 2) perhaps the aplha channel needs to be more matte where there's exhaust staining, the highlight on the section of the wing root where it's heavily sooted up looks a bit strong to me.

HB
Graf
Sun Feb 14 2016, 10:04AM

Registered Member #11

Thanks bud.

Actually there is a repetition but very hard to see. I did create a set of 3x10 splotches in the lighter tan and then flipped them over and reversed them to create more. I repeated this process until the template was covered in splotches. The darker reddish brown spots I did all by hand to give the appearance of each splotch's uniqueness.

1)Yes, the tail area is very difficult as it is consisted of 3 different mapping areas on the template so lining them up requires work. I got lazy.

2) Thank you for the input. Never thought of that before but it does make complete sense. Will mess with the alpha and see what I can come up with.

[ Edited Sun Feb 14 2016, 10:07AM ]
HBPencil
Wed Feb 24 2016, 01:35AM

Registered Member #45

Sorry for the late reply... thanks for the explanation of how you made the splotches, it worked really well
mapal
Thu Mar 17 2016, 08:15PM

Registered Member #15

Beautiful work, skinning has come a long way since I retired. Great job!
PatCartier
Sat Dec 30 2017, 10:55AM

Registered Member #929

Wip ++
For a New Guinea campaign... > http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=454&t=199396

Maki-61 of 78th sentai !

[ Edited Sat Dec 30 2017, 11:00AM ]
PatCartier
Wed Feb 07 2018, 05:10PM

Registered Member #929

still wip...This template is a headhache guaranted

PatCartier
Sun Feb 11 2018, 06:20AM

Registered Member #929

Still a lot of work to do & I'm waiting for the next release to have a better bare metal look.
I'm not very happy to do a fake but I hope it will match to play an online campaign vs P39 & A20.

Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF